What You Should Know
- Heat pumps can be installed by any MA-licensed HVAC contractor.
- Integrated Controls must be selected from the Integrated Controls Qualified Products List to be eligible for rebate.
- Non-ducted heat pumps must be selected from the NEEP Cold Climate Heat Pump Product List to be eligible for rebate.
- Typical objectives of installing a heat pump can include:
- Reducing the amount of heat supplied by oil, propane or electric resistance
- Heating and cooling the whole house
- Heating and cooling an individual room
- Regardless of your objective, be clear about understanding what size unit is right for your space, and how your mini-split heat pump will perform in freezing temperatures.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 are eligible
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor.
WHAT IS A DUCTLESS MINI-SPLIT HEAT PUMP? The term ductless means no ductwork is involved. The system is composed of two components: an outdoor condensing unit and one or more indoor air handling units, connected by a conduit through your wall. Think of a standard window AC system that is “split” into an indoor air handler and an outdoor condensing unit. Ductless mini-split heat pumps can produce cooling for the summer months and heating in the winter months.
Heat Pumps however have an added advantage of “running in reverse” extracting energy from outside air and converting it into heat for your home resulting in an ultra-efficient cooling and heating system at considerable savings!
Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating
The only way that you can be certain of full warranty protection and unmatched performance is by purchasing your Mitsubishi Electric product from an authorized dealer.
What’s the warranty advantage?
7 years on parts, 7 years limited warranty on compressor, & 1 year on labor!
Personalized Comfort With The i-see Sensor™
Select M-Series indoor units feature our i-see Sensor™ which automatically detects the temperature of troublesome regions closer to the ceiling and the floor.
Multi-Stage Air Filtration
All indoor models use a sophisticated multi-stage filtration system to reduce contaminants such as allergens, viruses and bacteria from the air. Washable filters last up to 10 years and remove pollen, dust, dander and many other allergens to drastically improve indoor air quality!
Control your comfort remotely using your wireless remote or with your smartphone with optional RedLINK™ technology. Going wireless provides a freedom and flexibility you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
4 REASONS TO CONTROL YOUR TEMPERATURE OVER WI-FI (BESIDES BEING REALLY COOL)
4 REASONS WI-FI CONTROL ROCKS
- Space age technology: RedLINK™ wireless technology provides a back-lit American-style thermostat that’s both easy to use and easy to read. It’s programmable and can work with smartphones and computers. So if you’re on the couch writing an email or checking Facebook, you don’t have to get up if you want to adjust the temperature. The control is right at your fingertips.
- No unsightly wires: Isn’t that the whole point of wireless? No ugly wires, no difficult installation, no worry about corrosion or mice chewing on them. You can install the thermostat anywhere: its impressive range works through concrete and other floors of the house. So put it where you want it to be: no restrictions. Going wireless provides a freedom and flexibility you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
- You’re in control: Have you ever fought the Temperature Wars with your family members? Up, down, up, down: you’re back and forth from what you’d rather be doing, racing to the thermostat to adjust it to your comfort level – only to find an hour later that someone else has tampered with it. The wireless system gives you total home comfort: and you don’t have to get up when the house gets frigid (or feverish). Keep on cooking dinner, watching your favorite show or reading your book and simply adjust the temperature on your phone or computer.
- Peace of mind: Whether you’re out for the day at work or for a week on vacation, you can adjust the temperature from wherever you are. This enables you to turn down the cooling or heating while no one is home, which saves you money. But don’t come back to an ice box or the Sahara. Just readjust the temperature from anywhere and come home to an oasis.
M-Series received the Consumers Digest Best Buy rating and is recognized by editors as having exceptional value in today’s highly competitive marketplace.
Mitsubishi recently unveiled its groundbreaking new line of Hyper-Heating INVERTER™ (H2i®) ductless zoning systems. This flexible, energy-efficient technology revolutionizes the heat pump by optimizing energy usage and delivering heat at very low outdoor ambient temperatures.
Below are five major benefits of H2i technology:
- Energy Savings. Because H2i technology recovers heat energy that would otherwise be wasted, energy usage is kept at a minimum. Also, while traditional systems continually turn on and off to meet a desired temperature, the INVERTER-driven compressor quickly adjusts and maintains speed, reducing energy usage and increasing utility bill savings.
- High-performance. The patent-pending flash process cools the compressor, allowing the zoning system to heat rooms at lower outdoor temperatures without overheating. The process provides optimal heating performance at low temperatures — systems can operate effectively with outside temperatures as low as minus 13 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lower life cycle costs. Hyper-Heating systems are highly efficient and help decrease the overall equipment tonnage of projects. This means a lower initial cost. The small outdoor system footprint and ability to be installed more quickly contribute to reduced installation costs. The enhanced technology also eliminates the need for supplemental heat sources in many cases, such as fossil fuel burning or inefficient electric systems.
- Reduced maintenance. Hyper-Heating technology offers year-round efficiency and optimal occupant comfort, which translates into fewer complaints and system adjustments.
- Reliability. Mitsubishi Electric is the pioneer of ductless and VRF zoning technology in the U.S., the first to develop low ambient heating capabilities and has a strong record of product quality and support. Building managers can count on Mitsubishi Electric’s H2i technology for reliable, energy-efficient cooling and heating.
What is a Single Zone Solution? | Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating
What is a Multi-Zone Solution? | Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating
Mitsubishi Electric systems promise energy efficiency, personalized comfort, allergen filtration, and smart controls, all without the noise of traditional systems.
How is Quiet Comfort Achieved?
- Both the indoor and outdoor units operate quietly – some as low as 19dB – quieter than a human whisper.
- Outdoor units operate at levels as low as 58 dB – the level of a common office environment or background music.
- Ductless solutions and limited-length ducted systems deliver cooled and heated air directly to the rooms they serve, without the need for noisy, powerful fans.
- With just three major components – the indoor unit, the outdoor unit, and the controller, the system is installed quickly and easily, and the end result is free of the noisy components that make up traditional cooling and heating solutions.
- All Mitsubishi Electric M-Series systems operate on INVERTER® technology, system compressors that quietly ramp up or down, adjusting automatically to cooling and heating demand.
Quiet as a Whisper, Even on the Coldest Days
Anyone who lives in a colder climate has suffered through the sounds of an overworked furnace or heat pump. H2i® Hyper-Heating INVERTER® technology delivers consistent, efficient heating capabilities in the coldest of temperatures, even with the when outside ambient temperature drops to -13° F. This keeps the house comfortable and quiet, even on the worst winter days.
You shouldn’t have to hear your system every time it’s on. Enjoy the quiet comfort, and stay focused on what matters throughout the day and night with a cooling and heating system from Mitsubishi Electric.
For more than 30 years, Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating has innovated technologies designed to enhance your home and your life. Traditional cooling and heating options drove homeowners to choose between comfort and cost. Our advanced ductless climate control systems empower you to create your own personalized room-by-room comfort – without compromise.